I bet there are amazing, amusing, annoying, and intriguing facts you never knew about your body.
Your body is a wonderland. Knowing some fun facts about your body could be very educative, informative and entertaining.
Have you ever wondered the capacity of human brain ? Or how many bacteria are passed from one person to another when they kiss, Or how many times a human skin is replaced during a person’s lifetime.
Find out these and many more on Naijablazers fun fact Friday.
- A person burns more calories when they are asleep than when they watch TV.
- Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
- Nerve impulses sent from the brain move at a speed of 274 km/h.
- A single human brain generates more electrical impulses in a day than all the telephones of the world combined.
- The human heart pumps 182 million litres of blood during the average lifetime.
- 50,000 cells in your body died and were replaced by new ones while you were reading this sentence.
- Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
- Right- handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
- The average person forgets 90% of their dreams.
10.On average, a person’s respiration rate is one third higher in spring than in autumn.
11.By the end of a person’s life, they can recall, on average, around 150 trillion pieces of information.
12. Human skin is completely replaced about 1,000 times during a person’s lifetime.
13. A feeling of thirst occurs when water loss is equal to 1% of your body weight.
14. The loss of more than 5% can cause fainting, and more than 10% causes death from dehydration.
15. Human beings are the only living things which sleep on their backs.
16.Not only human beings, but also koalas have unique finger prints.
17. The human brain has a memory capacity which is the equivalent of more than four terabytes on a hard drive.
18. The scientific name for the belly button is the umbilicus.
19. Teeth are the only part of the human body which cannot heal themselves.
20.On average, a person needs seven minutes to fall asleep.
21.Right-handed people chew most of their food on the right side of their mouth, whereas left-handed people do so on the left.
22. A person passes on 278 different types of bacteria to another person when they kiss them. Fortunately, 95% of them are not harmful.
23. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
24. You can lose 150 calories per hour if you hit your head against the wall.
25. Human beings are the only animals which can draw straight lines.
26. Human skin is completely replaced about 1,000 times during a person’s lifetime.
27. A person who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day is doing the equivalent of drinking half a cup of tar a year.
28. Women blink about two times less often than men.
29. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
30. An adult person performs around 23,000 inhalations and exhalations a day.
31. A person uses 17 muscles when they smile and 43 when they frown.
32. You can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
33. Human skin is completely replaced about 1,000 times during a person’s lifetime.
34. When you blush, your stomach also turns red.
35. At birth, a child’s body is made up of around 300 bones. But an adult has just 206.